Thursday, December 15, 2011

Our first two days...

So far, Laura has adjusted beautifully. She rarely says anything, probably because she knows we won't understand her :) But she smiles and nods a lot. The only picture I received of her before hosting was her in boy pjs, but that obviously is NOT her at all, because she is loving all things girly and sparkly. Her favorite thing is to go through Lucy's jewelry box and put on everything.

Our First Day:

Up and dressed for the day! Laura likes to get dressed IMMEDIATELY upon waking. I, however, prefer to stay in my pj's half the day :)


She is a pro at Memory. I think Lucy has met her match. (no pun intended)


The swingset was a huge hit! I am so grateful for this beautiful weather!


Lucy has introduced her to the world of Disney Princesses. Laura put Lucy's Belle dress on while they watched the Princess sing a long.


DANCING! This was precious to watch.

Laura slept great, and even napped with Lucy for a bit in the afternoon. I think her clock is still off a bit, even though she hasn't acted sleepy at all. There were a few sad and awkward moments the first day, as Laura seems very unfamiliar with playing. She would stand in the middle of the room, unsure of what to do. With some guidance and leading though, she has improved a lot in just two days and has even begun to pull toys out on her own and play with them. (Seems like such a strange thing to say, as most children can completely destroy a playroom in 2 minutes flat)

We heard her laugh for the first time today :)


Day Two:

Craft time while Annie napped! I got these little wooden boxes for them to decorate.





The finished products. Laura's on the right. Hmm...looks like we need to work on Lucy's painting skills.


Checking out the tire swing for the first time! She loved it!




This cracks me up.


Swinging with new friends!

She counted to six today in English!

Laura is a very sweet girl and seems to be content and grateful for everything. She's a pretty good eater so far too, but especially loves fruit. At first she followed Lucy around like a shadow, but she has been a little more independent today and I think understands that she doesn't HAVE to do whatever Lucy is doing.

She is handling visitors VERY well, so please feel free to stop by if you want to meet her :)

Looking forward to learning more about this sweet girl!

7 comments:

Meredith Butler said...

I loved reading this. She looks so happy! As does Lucy :) so sweet.

Paige Heard said...

Janna and Mark,
Thanks for sharing her with us. You are very generous and brave to open up your home and family to her. I know that everyday you'll bless her with Christ's love. And, I'm sure that ya'll will forever changed...in a great way.
Love ya'll,
Paige

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love all of this! I love the pictures (especially loaded up with jewelry!) So happy this is going well! YAY YAY YAY!
Renee

~ Dawn ~ said...

THANK YOU for friending me on fb! LUCY holding onto Laura is the sweetest thing ever! :0) I am so excited to be able to watch her bloom on your blog. It was great meeting you guys! Hope you have a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing. I will continue to be praying for you all and this adventure God has you on!! LOVE the pictures!!
Jacquelyn

mimi said...

What a brave little girl! I can't imagine being in a foreign place where people speak a different language and not being scared stiff. Apparently God placed her in just the right home. Merry Christmas to all!

Laura said...

Everything about this post is beautiful. Janna, how can I help? I've sent you an email.