Saturday, August 30, 2008

More pics and updates

I can't really wrap my head around the fact that I've been a father for almost a month now. It has been an overwhelming but joyous experience that gets better with each passing day. Not a whole lot to update everyone on here as of right now. Janna went to her 4-week check-up this past Thursday and the doctor gave her the okay to start being active again. She is extremely relieved to get to go out on her own without being required to have me drive her around. Lucy is still doing great, of course. She is sleeping great at night, only waking up once to feed, and during the day she has been soothing herself to sleep for her naps about 75% of the time. I hope you can tell by the pictures, but she is definitely still growing and fattening up. I am still searching for a permanent position somewhere and appreciate everyone's prayers for me in that area. I have a couple of things in the works right now but I'm trying not to get my hopes up as I have been let down numerous times thus far. However, the Lord has provided for and met all of our needs, and even though it may be stressful to be out of work, we are truly blessed. Here are some updated pictures, I hope you enjoy them.



We took Lucy on her first walk the other day and this was also her first
encounter with the Bjorn. I think she likes it


This is Lucy in the "Chick" outfit that Preston and Denby got her

Becoming a pro at holding her head up

So she's been sleeping in her crib the last week or so and its been working out quite well. Except that, every once in a while, we'll find her in this position. By the way, when we laid her down she was completely swaddled and in the middle of the crib. She's pretty good at moving around.

3 comments:

Matt and Julie said...

I am in love with her!!! She is just so beautiful. I can't believe she is so good at holding her head up already. And, I hope you don't mind that I pretty much stalk your blog and comment on every single post...there isn't a whole lot to do in Kuwait :)

Preston Heard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris and Abby said...

She is absolutely beautiful and I'm so glad to hear that you all are doing well!