Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day and bonus posts



I used to hate Valentine's Day. I'm not much of a romantic, so I've always thought it was a silly holiday that didn't have much use, except to make people fat, and to remind single people that they don't have someone to make them fat.

But now that I'm a mom, any break from the ordinary is welcome. A pink, sparkly day and an excuse to dress up and do a craft and eat chocolate and go on a date with my husband...now that's my kind of holiday. 

I have TWO bonus Valentine's posts for you. One is from last year, one is new.



Are you sensing that I like easy? Seriously....easy crafts and cookies. It's where it's at.

But really, Valentine's Day is about LOVE. And I need some help in this department. I need to learn to love. To love more, to love better, and to love without expecting anything in return. To love as my Savior loved. To love my husband for who he is. To love my children even in the daily grind. To love my friends and family even when I would rather not make the effort.


My big Valentine


My little Valentine


My littlest Valentine


All the hard parenting and good housekeeping and healthy meals and date nights and Instagrams and girl's nights mean nothing, if I do them without LOVE.

I really like The Message version of 1 Corinthians 13:2,

If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing.



No comments: