Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Easy Valentine's Craft

Want a super easy Valentine's Day craft that doubles as a decoration?

Look no further. 

You will need:
-scissors
-felt
-thread
-ribbon
-an enthusiastic helper (optional)
-questionable crafting skill (also optional)

STEP 1: Cut out some felt hearts. I did two colors, light pink and dark pink. I also used a cookie cutter to help me with the shape because I can't draw a straight line, much less cut a straight line. So cutting a heart is like impossible magic.




STEP 2: Sew the hearts on a string, leaving some space in between.



STEP 3: Sew the end of your string onto some ribbon. I got this at Target last year in the dollar section. If I could live at Target I would.




STEP 4: Tie the ribbon to whatever you want the hearts to hang from. Stand back and marvel at your crafting prowess.


Ok, I never claimed to be Martha Stewart. But it is easy and cheap, and kid-approved. Lucy loves any kind of decoration and since I don't really have Valentine's decorations this appeased her and made our table look a little more festive.

If you want something more challenging, check Pinterest. And then blog about it and make me feel super inadequate.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: