Friday, February 1, 2013

Triple PMS

Good lawd I'm about to lose my mind with all these moody females in my house today.

They can't be moody one at a time, so the other two mellow the moody one out. No.....the hormones are raging in this house ALL at the same time.

Stella actually CRIED today (write it down ya'll....), Annie has been super defiant and independent and has another head wound, and Lucy is off the charts with crying and crankiness. And I've been projectile puked on more times than I can count.

It's the little things in motherhood that can send us over the edge, but it's also the little things that can rescue us from drowning.






Just when I'm about to lock myself in the closet with a double batch of brownies for the remainder of the day, Stella gives me a gummy grin. Annie does something crazy sweet like wraps her arms around my leg, or tackles me with one of her bear hugs. Lucy prays for the boys and girls who don't have mommies and daddies.


And my heart melts. And I thank the Lord for these crazy, beautiful, hormonal little blessings.

Then I say a prayer for my future self, cuz I can hardly wait til these blessings hit puberty.


1 comment:

claire @ a peachtree city life said...

i remember all of the drama of living with two sisters :) (it continues into adulthood)

your girls always seem so sweet, but then again, i don't see the days like this! i hope annie's gigantic lump is better!