Friday, January 27, 2012

Struggling...but Thankful

Ugh....I'm in a rut. This week has been awful. I threw my back out and could hardly move for 2 days, and then both the girls woke up with fevers Wednesday morning and have been sick and fussy since then. As soon as we get over one thing, something else happens. I feel like Satan is attacking us every way he can.

So today, I'm deciding to be thankful instead of resentful. To be content instead of restless. To find joy in simple moments and pleasures....



Like Lucy being "too tired to play", and pulling out a book and a chair on her own to have some peaceful reading time outside.....






And a precious friend bringing us dinner tonight, including homemade bread that looked and smelled so tempting I couldn't stand waiting to eat it....





Even in the daily monotony, I can choose to be grateful for the blessings around me.

No comments: