Wednesday, October 8, 2008

2 month check up

Lucy had her 2 month check up on Tuesday! Two months is the dreaded visit....it's the first set of SHOTS! Most of you know I was a pediatric nurse for two years, and I've probably given thousands of shots, but when it's my sweet Lucy on the receiving end it makes me so sad! Mark chose not to go because he couldn't stand to watch her get the shots...thanks for the help partner. My mom decided to be brave and go with me, but when it came time for the shots, she chickened out and turned and faced the corner because she "couldn't watch". I had to put on the brave face and hold Lucy down as the evil nurse came at her (who I was watching very carefully as the shots were going in to be sure she had correct technique). Lucy actually did great, and immediately stopped crying once I picked her up. Her face turned about as red as a tomato out of anger, but surprisingly she got over it quickly and so far I haven't noticed any reactions from the shots. She doesn't even act sore, which is great. I know you're all anxiously awaiting her stats, because she looks like a 2 year old she's so huge...she weighed 12lbs. 7oz. and was 23 1/2" long! That puts her in the 75th percentile for both weight and height! Everything else looked great and Lucy even smiled and talked to the doctor while she was examining her...she's such a little socialite. At home, Lucy is doing great. She really has her schedule down perfectly now, and doesn't cry at all for her naps anymore, which is a great relief :) She has also been sleeping 9 hours through the night consistently for the past 2 weeks. It's so different having a full night's sleep. I'm not one of those people who can function on no sleep, so accomplishing sleeping through the night has been amazing. She is SO talkative and smiley, but of course whenever I go to video it, she becomes mesmerized by the light and won't talk. She's also started to suck her thumb now! Its so cute...she only sucks the left one though, which is weird.

FYI: Mark and I saw this thing on Fox News today about factors associated with Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Apparently you can reduce the risk of SIDS by 72% just by putting a fan in your baby's room, as long as it isn't blowing directly on them, of course. Something about the circulation of air helps trigger them to breathe, so making sure baby is in a room with good air circulation and good air quality is important. Remember to always put your baby to sleep on their BACK, and according to Fox, turn on the fan! Ok I'll get off my soapbox now...

On another note, Mark has been working hard from home to really get the business growing. He and Jonathan are constantly on the phone, and Mark jokes that I'm his secretary...I, of course, do not laugh at this. Seriously though, it's taken some adjusting to having him home all the time, but it is nice when I want to get out of the house and don't feel like bringing Lucy with me. I just wait until naptime and say...Lucy's asleep, be back in 2 hours! It really has been working out well, and although sometimes we get annoyed being around each other all day, I know we'll dread those long trips to Birmingham when they come.

This past weekend my friend Emily came to visit so she could meet Lucy. We went to a BBQ cook off in Newnan and had a great time. Thanks for the visit, Em, I'm so glad we got to see you and meet Ben! Unfortunately, I'm not putting any pictures up from this weekend because I look like an enormous beast :) Enjoy the pics of Lucy though!

I know it seems gruesome...but I wanted a picture of Lucy's first shot! I got my mom to take it before she retreated to the corner.

Lucy's 2 month photo in her chair

She's gotten so much bigger!

That's a sweet face :)

So, during bathtime, Lucy is always VERY talkative and happy, so I attempted to get it on camera. Of course it didn't work, she was much more interested in her feet and the water. It's still a cute video though, so enjoy!

No comments: