Friday, October 24, 2008

First Trip

It has been a week of firsts! This week Lucy has laughed, rolled over, and flown in a plane for the first time! This past weekend Lucy and I, along with my mom and brother, flew to Indiana to visit some family. Sadly, we had to leave Mark and Heidi at home, so I was nervous about flying with Lucy without Mark for support. Fortunately, my mom is an expert on flying, and flew with both Jake and I before we were 6 weeks old, so I knew I was in good hands. Lucy literally could not have been better. I'm not just saying that to brag either; she was an angel. She nursed during take off and landing, and when she wasn't sleeping she was sitting on my lap smiling. Once we landed, we had to rent a car and drive 3 hours to our destination. We ended up renting a carseat so we wouldn't have to drag hers on the plane, and it worked great. It wasn't quite the luxurious ride her Chicco is, but she didn't seem to mind. We stayed at my Uncle Dave and Aunt Jan's farm, where Lucy had her own room. She slept in a pack and play they keep there for their grandkids, and of course, she slept great. I was amazed. Mark says I underestimate our child, because I really had no idea how she would sleep in a strange house and a strange bed, but she was perfect.

The trip seemed short, but was well worth it. I'm so glad my family got to meet Lucy at such a young age. Thank you mom and Jake for putting up with us :) Here are some pictures of Lucy's first of many trips to Indiana.


This is us on the plane...I don't know what she was smiling at


I'm so excited to fly!


Lucy with my Aunt Dawn



Bridget, my cousin, is the family babysitter. Lucy loved her and spent most of the time in her arms.


My grandparents with their THIRD great grandchild!


Jake and I out by the barn at my aunt and uncle's house


While Lucy was napping, we played croquet. I won! (of course)


This is Lucy watching tv. I put her on her stomach in the living room and she watched tv like this for probably 20 minutes. It was hilarious.


All bundled up to go for a walk. We're not used to the cold.


There are Amish people EVERYWHERE here, and this is us in front of one of their farms. Two of the kids came out and let us pet one of their horses.


My cousin Amy getting some baby holding practice. She is due any day now with her first baby girl!


The proud grandmas


My grandparents with their five children


Lucy with her Dee Dee waiting to board the plane. She was sucking her fingers.

No comments: