Sunday, April 1, 2012

Crazy Week

I like being home. I am one of those "stay at home moms" who ACTUALLY stays home. If we have one or two events planned for the week, I consider myself fully booked. The past 2 weeks have greatly brought me out of my comfort zone because it has been crazy busy! It's been good for me though, and I know the girls have loved it.....

Lucy's friend Gabby had a tea party at her house for her birthday. Lucy loved being able to dress up, and it was so cute to watch them drink out of the little tea cups. Props to my friend Katie for hosting a tea party while 40 weeks pregnant...(not the one in the picture p.s.)







After they drank enough "tea" they had a dance party....so sweet and hilarious at the same time. Why do all girls LOVE to dress up and dance? Seriously we have a dance party almost daily at our house.




Somewhere in between the tea party and the next event we had a playdate at a friend's house, which I got no pictures of....and then after that, WE GOT A VAN!!!



I know, I know.....spare me the lecture. If you've known me for more than 5 minutes you know I swore up and down I would NEVER own a minivan. Well....that was before I had two kids, and gas prices made me wanna vomit. It's super lame, I've officially lost all my coolness (if I ever had any), and I've already come up with a million names to make fun of myself. However, my life is now 10 times easier, and I freaking love this thing. I'm not sure how I ever lived without power sliding doors.

Let's not spend too much time on the van or I'll realize what a huge dork I am.

Next up.....Easter Egg hunt! Remember that Valentine's party that my friend Leslie planned? Well she's at it again....this time she planned an Easter Egg hunt. Fortunately the weather was beautiful and since it was a week before Easter it had us in the Easter spirit all week.





Showing me her eggs 



Annie found one too....



After all the running around (ok it doesn't seem like a lot but to me it was utter exhaustion and chaos...) we stayed home for a few days to recoup.

Lucy has decided that sitting in the sandbox is more fun than standing.



And on to next week....Annie's birthday and EASTER!

No comments: