Friday, June 3, 2011

It's one of those days...

Let's just be real for a minute.....

Being a mom is HARD. Like, seriously hard. Some days, I want to pull my hair out. And yes, today is one of those days.

We can post pretty pictures and talk about all the fun stuff our kids are doing right now and brag about how amazing being a stay at home mom is. OR.....we can talk about how my 2 1/2 year old told me she was sick of me today, how my 8 week old has been screaming straight for the past hour, and how my house looks like 12 teenage boys took up camp in my living room. Not to mention the dog hair....OH the dog hair.

I love my girls. I do. And I am SO thankful to be able to stay home with them except for one day a week (and man am I looking forward to that day this week....haha) but sometimes I think moms, in an effort to not sound ungrateful, decide to make it look like life is perfect all the time. Being a mom is the most rewarding thing I've ever done, and it certainly brings me joy. But it is also the hardest thing I have ever done, and the Lord has challenged me and tested me through my children pretty much on a daily basis.

I think it's good to show the bad and the ugly sometimes. Hey, my toddler pitches fits! My baby screams for no reason! There, I said it. So you can stop judging me if you see me at Target and both of these things are happening at the same time :)

On another note, I am constantly reminded of how truly well behaved and amazing my girls are. But just because I have worked my butt off to create good sleepers, good eaters, and a (mostly) well mannered toddler, doesn't mean we don't have our bad days. Because we definitely do. Again, if I haven't said it before, TODAY IS ONE OF THOSE DAYS.

So here's a shout out to all you moms having a bad day. You're not alone. Someone did not abduct your child and leave a screaming alien in its place. Its just one of those days. Praise the Lord for the good ones, and praise Him for the bad ones, because before we know it, we will blink and our children will have children of their own, and we might just miss these bad days.

5 comments:

Laura said...

:) Thinking of you! Beautifully said! And I get the impression that you are an awesome mom!

When Ella was little-little and wouldn't stop crying, I had this realization that all of the patience I had been praying for didn't end with the pregnancy; rather, it was just the beginning of when I would need it the most!! That little ah-ha moment was a huge change for me.

The Capps said...

ALL of this is soooo true and I only have 1 a the time so I can imagine what you are going thru

Molly said...

haha well said girl! And yes OH THE DOG HAIR! It's killing me right now-it just makes your house feel THAT much dirtier. Well I guess it is but it's like rubbing it in.

marc and trisha said...

Totally understand! I know that you are a great mommy even when you are having those hard days.

Christina Auret said...

My mother always said that the Lord only gives you as much as you can handle. So every time when things got dire, she thought: The Lord sure trusts me a lot!