Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2 months!

2 month picture!



My sweet Annie girl was 2 months on Saturday! I loved taking her 2 month picture because she is wearing the same outfit Lucy wore for her 2 month picture. Maybe I'll put up a comparison photo...but not for Annie's 2 month post. Let's give her a minute before being compared to her big sister. I really try not to compare them because I know they are different babies and different people but its hard. As soon as Annie does something new, I'll say, remember Lucy doing that at this age? Poor thing.

Annie continues to be a great baby. She was diagnosed with reflux at her one month appt so she's been on Zantac ever since and has responded beautifully. I noticed a huge difference in her eating almost immediately (although she was already a great eater and pretty happy for a reflux baby). I don't like medicine, especially for babies (I'm one of those freaky, natural, no meds kind of nurse....haha) but I could tell she was in pain while she was eating. Lucy unofficially had reflux too, but she was what we medical people call a "happy spitter" so we never did meds with her. I suspected reflux with Annie pretty early on so I'm glad she's improving and feeling better.

At 2 months, Annie:

- still has blue eyes, although they are looking more gray-blue lately
- has much fairer skin than Lucy did (there I go comparing again....)
- is still very laid back and happy pretty much all the time, unless she's hungry, then she gets mad pretty quick
- is on a great 3 hour schedule, but is also very flexible when she needs to be
- is sleeping uninterrupted about 7 - 7 1/2 hours consistently at night (woo hoo!)
- is wearing size 1 diapers, and size 0-3 month or 3 month clothes (I got sad packing up all the newborn outfits)
- is smiling and cooing A LOT, and I'm pretty sure we got a giggle out of her the other day
- loves her mommy and prefers to be held or within sight of me :)
- also loves her big sister and gives huge smiles whenever she sees or hears Lucy
- is taking bottles great on Saturdays when I work, and then goes right back to nursing like a champ as soon as I get home.
- still hates tummy time
- is a great nurser, but I've noticed she doesn't nurse well when a lot is going on around her. I think she's going to be very social.
- finally loves her swing! She usually takes a cat nap in her swing in the evenings.
- weighs 12lbs 1 oz and is 22 1/2 inches long (updated 6/9/11)





She is such a sweet baby and I love her more and more everyday!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I LOVE that last pic! May have to try and copy that!