Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Peachtree City 4th of July

If you live in the area and have never experienced the 4th of July in Peachtree City, please promise me you'll do it next year :) I absolutely love this city and this holiday. It makes me wish we lived there and had our own golf cart :) But we are very fortunate that Mark's parents let us crash with them and borrow the golf cart and pretend like we are natives to Peachtree City for the weekend. Although I guess Mark actually is....

We started off the day very early (ok, not that early, but early for me....) packing the older kids up and heading to the parade. Mark's parents stayed home so the babies could nap. I'm glad we didn't bring them because it was SO hot and they would have been miserable.


Waiting for the parade to start




Lucy wasn't sure at first, but then started to really get into it. They had so much fun and I'm glad we endured the heat for them.



Sharing their candy :) They are such sweet cousins.



Taking a break from the heat. Or as Lucy likes to say, "I need to take a minute."


After the parade, we went back to the Campbell's house, recuperated from the heat, took some REALLY long naps, and ate some delicious food. Including these.....Meredith's yummy cake pops



After dinner we packed the kiddos up again (this time babies on board) and headed to the golf course to watch the fireworks. We weren't sure the weather was going to hold out, but it ended up working out perfectly. They started the fireworks a little early and we almost made it to the end before the storm rolled in. Fortunately we packed up just in time and made it halfway home before the rain started pouring!


Happy cousins in their matching outfits


Not so happy anymore :) I love that mine and Molly's first reaction was, "take a picture!"
Haha. Poor babies.



Me and my sweet girl


Sisters :)


She looks so old here. I don't know when she got so big.



Believe it or not, this is our first family picture of the four of us! We never got one in the hospital because Lucy was really freaked out there, and since then we just haven't had the time or chance to have someone take one of us! I love it though. Lucy's cheese smile is cracking me up.

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th of July!

2 comments:

molly said...

I love this post! Miss yall so much already. I hate missing watching your precious girls grow!

양서영 said...

what a so cute babys!!!
they are so lovely!!!