Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Story of Miscarriage



I have felt compelled to post this for quite a while, but wasn't really sure how to do it. I mean this is about as personal as it gets, and to just post it publicly on my blog didn't really feel like the most tactful way to go about it....however....the outpouring of input and advice and support I have received from all of my other personal blog posts made me realize that I've already put myself out there, so why not give you guys the full story. Plus the Lord has really shown me lately that He gives and takes away for a reason, to bring Himself glory, and if I don't point to Him at the end of this then it's in vain. And how can I NOT point to Him?


So here they are...the stories of my miscarriages. They are pretty graphic and straight forward. I wrote all three of these posts at once knowing that one day I should share them. Feel free to read, feel free to skip over and ignore, I wouldn't blame you either way. I just want people to hear my story and see how the Lord has changed my life and changed my story. I know not everyone wants to talk about their miscarriages, and that's fine. This is just how I cope. Please feel free to contact me if you have experienced miscarriage and need someone to talk to.

The First One




4 comments:

Kacy said...

I am so glad you shared these stories. Thank you so much!

Matt and Julie said...

Janna, I am so encouraged by your words and honesty! Thank you for sharing your journey...it truly does point to the Soveriegnty and faithfulness of our Father. You have such an amazing spirit and a beautiful faith that is a shining light for the glory of God. I really do believe God can and will use your story and blog posts to touch lives and bring encouragement to so many. You have definitely reminded me that despite my own attempts to separate myself from God, He always redeems, always loves, and always perfects. I love you and miss you so much! I can't wait to see you and give you a huge hug!

Laura said...

Thank you for sharing your stories. I admit, since I'm being induced tomorrow and am already emotional as it is, I don't think it's the best time for me to read about your losses--at least not right now. But I LOVED reading your thoughts on your spiritual journey. It totally resonated with me and my experience. I can especially relate to your comment about it taking two losses for you to recognize that God was trying to get your attention--I've often "marveled" that it took three in my case, but I feel the same way. My life was deeply changed through my losses. I went through some pretty dark times. But I'm at the point where I can recognize the amazing work that He has done in my life, and continues to do. At my shower back home, I shared that I truly believe that God has made me a better friend, daughter, sister, wife through this journey--and now I pray that He help me to be an amazing mom as well.

Again, thank you for sharing. God bless you!

HB said...

Sweet Janna, thank you for sharing your story. I know, without any doubt in my mind, that it is going to touch others lives and help them in their own journeys. You are a strong and formidable woman of God and He is going to bless you immensely for your faithfulness. Know that we are praying for you and Mark and Lucy and that we love you all dearly. Take care of yourself and know that I am here should you ever need a listening ear. XOXO!