Friday, July 11, 2008

Mixed emotions...

Well, a little update for those of you who don't know...yesterday at my 37 week check up my doctor was measuring me and became suspicious that Lucy may be breech. They sent me to ultrasound right away (fortunately I had the support of my Mimi, otherwise I probably would have freaked out) and sure enough, Lucy is head up and butt down. The good news is, they did a very in depth ultrasound and she's healthy and looks great, I could even see some of her little fat rolls :) The bad news is, a breech baby means only one thing...a c-section! For those of you who know me well, you know that I was planning on a natural, drug free birth, and now I have to have major surgery! I'm getting used to the idea, and really am just grateful that Lucy and I are both healthy. Mark and I go in Tuesday for my last check up and to talk about the c-section, which will be scheduled for the 17th or 18th. So more good news, this time next week I won't be pregnant anymore! We'll finally have our baby girl and that means more to us than anything else. We'll let you know the date and time as soon as we do. In the meantime, get ready to meet Lucy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janna I can't WAIT to see pictures of Lucy and hear how everything went for you! Good luck and I'll be praying!
Erin