Saturday, December 29, 2012

Just to make myself feel good...

Sometimes the day goes by and and I wonder if there is anything that I actually got done or accomplished. You know, besides breastfeeding a newborn, feeding, clothing, and taking care of two other children, (and a husband) and keeping the house from concaving in on itself due to massive internal destruction.

So I decided that I'm going to list things I accomplished this week....just to make myself feel good.


  • We survived a Christmas Eve service without childcare. Ungodly amounts of goldfish and apple juice were consumed.





  • We survived four Christmases. That's right....count 'em. FOUR. 

  • I successfully convinced my four year old, after a 20 minute argument, that she is in fact, NOT a grown up. We decided to compromise and label her a "little, big grown up". You win some, you lose some.

  • I watched as my 19 month old unlocked my iphone, navigated directly to the pictures, flipped through a few, watched a video, came out of the pictures, found the music, played a song, then went back to the pictures. I then realized she had an addiction and took the iphone away. She was very receptive to my intervention.



  • I ate a half batch of Christmas cookies. In one sitting.



  • My 2 month old slept 9 hours straight through the night without waking. Ok that really IS an accomplishment! So proud of sweet Stella.



Now when Mark comes home and says, "so what did you do all day?" I can give him a big smile and reference him to the blog.

No comments: