Thursday, October 11, 2012

Baby Surprise

She's here...one week early! And she finally has a name.

We knew for a while that her middle name would be Jean, after her two great-grandmothers, Barbara Jean (my Mimi), and Wilma Jean. Then we had a list of about 15 names on my phone that we changed almost daily. After she was born and I was still in the OR, Mark narrowed it down to about 5 names. After spending some time with her in the recovery room, we decided on Stella.

Stella Jean Campbell entered the world on October 11th




She was 6lbs 14 oz, and 19.5 inches long. She was transverse inside of me so they had a really hard time pulling her out, which has made my recovery pretty rough. She has black hair (gasp!!) and her face reminds us of both Lucy and Annie. She is absolutely perfect and we are so thankful.

This is my favorite pic of Mark holding her in the recovery room...already has him wrapped around her tiny finger.




So far she is a great nurser and a great sleeper, which is pretty much all I could ask for!




Lucy was SO excited to meet her. Annie is obviously clueless, although she did keep patting her on the head saying "baby" and smiling. I'll post the better pictures later when I can sit down at the computer but I got this one of Lucy on my phone.




Lucy is such a great big sister and I know she is going to be a huge help with Stella. I'm a little worried about how Annie is going to adjust though.

We got home today so I'll try to update more soon. I can't believe we have 3 kids! So thankful for a healthy baby and safe delivery.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Those are such sweet pics, and yes, that one of Mark is a great moment captured!=) I love the "Name Nazi" narrowed it down while you were in the OR. How kind of him=) Love yall so much!!

Chris and Abby said...

first, I need to say how impressed I am that you had time to blog the day you got home! You must be super mom!!! :)

Stella is absolutely beautiful-- congratulations to you all!