Wednesday, May 4, 2011

One month!

My baby is one month old today! I can't believe it's already been a month, and yet I feel like she has been in our family forever. I am so happy and so grateful for the sweet miracle that she is. Life with two is definitely challenging, but it feels so right. It felt like something was missing before Annie came into our family.


As much as I love her, I am SO glad she's a month old now. I don't know about the rest of you, but the first 2 weeks are so hard for me. Maybe its the c-section, the hormones, no sleep, the constant nursing, or all of it combined, but I am happy to see those 2 weeks gone. At a month old, Annie has settled into a nice 3 hour schedule and is a great night sleeper, and has been from birth. But I am happy to report that naps (as of this week) are going fabulous too. She took a little longer than Lucy did to get into my routine, but now that she has mommy is much happier, which means everyone else is happier too :)

Here's what we know about Annie so far:

- She is much more laid back than Lucy, but isn't afraid to let out a squeal if you do something that makes her mad
- She HATES the swaddle. We swaddle her anyway because otherwise her little flailing arms wake her up
- She is smiling! She has smiled at her daddy, Lucy, and Dee Dee, but so far mommy gets the biggest smiles :)
- She is an excellent nurser
- She is still wearing newborn diapers; Newborn onesies still fit but the ones with footies are getting too short
- She loves to hear Lucy's voice
- She loves to be sung to
- She has a dimple on her left cheek
- Her eyes are still blue
- Her hair might have a red tint to it....we'll see :)
- She is cuddly and loves to be held (Lucy hated to be held, which is funny, because she is SO affectionate now)
- She is holding her head up SO well, but she doesn't like tummy time.
- She was 9lbs 11oz and 22 inches at her 1 month check up (on May 5)



Lucy has quickly figured out that mommy is occupied while Annie is nursing, and there are lots of fun things to get into....



My cup runneth over! I love my girls!



No comments: