Wednesday, January 27, 2010

January 27, 2010

I haven't really made this common knowledge, but back in July 2009 we lost a baby. Today would have been my due date. Right after I miscarried, a sweet friend sent this to me, I have it taped to the mirror in our bathroom:

"My Father's way my twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad I know
He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away,
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead
For He doth know the way.

Tho' night be dark and it may seem
That day will never break;
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him
He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight's far too dim,
But come what may, I'll simply trust
And leave it all to Him

For by and by the mist will lift
And plain it all He'll make,
Through all the way, tho' dark to me,
He made not one mistake"

(A.M. Overton)

We mourn today, but we rejoice in the future that God has for our family and we trust His perfect plan. Thank you to everyone who sent a card, made a phone call, or said a prayer. It means everything.

No comments: