Thursday, September 25, 2008

Family Update

Hello all you Campbell Family Blog fans! I'm sure everyone has been anxiously awaiting the latest installment so I am happy to bring it to you. The last few weeks have been some of the most stressful but, as it would seem, also the most rewarding. Lucy has begun to consistently sleep through the night which is a HUGE blessing. Janna is still waking up around 4 in the morning because she is used to Lucy crying then, but hopefully she will begin to adapt. For about a week now Lucy has been falling asleep on her own at EVERY nap within a few minutes, and then sleeping at least 8 hours between 11 at night to 7:30 in the morning. Some of you may not see the excitement in that but for those of you who are parents can appreciate it.

One of the events that was stressful in the Campbell household recently was the decision I had to make between jobs. I've spent the last 4-5 months looking for a job, as many of you may know, which yielded a few promising leads but never anything concrete. Over the last 2 weeks i received basically 3 job offers (like my dad said it's either feast or famine). I had spent the entire Summer stressing over actually getting a job that I had never stopped to think about having to make the decision between jobs. So I narrowed it down to two. One of the jobs was an inside sales position at an interesting media company that provides audio/visual equipment for large trade shows and exhibitions. The other job, the one I decided to take, is one I am extremely excited about. About a year and a half ago I helped a friend of mine start up a small textbook selling company in the Birmingham area. I've stayed involved somewhat and helped him as much as I could over this past year but never anything long-term. He approached me about 2 weeks ago with the possibility of coming on full time with him. It took about a week of Janna and I talking about all of the sacrifices and risks we'd have to take if I went with this job. But, when it came down to it it was obvious to both of us that this is where I wanted to be and it was an opportunity that I couldn't let slip by.

All that being said (for those who are still reading and not skipping straight to pictures of Lucy), I will be working from home for the next three months helping develop our new business model that we plan on launching in the Spring semester (January). We'll be marketing specifically to schools in Birmingham and the surrounding areas for now, but the vision is to be nationwide within a few years. Because of that, starting in December or early January I'll be spending the bulk of my time in Birmingham. We're not exactly sure what this means long-term for our family but Janna and I both feel that this opportunity is a blessing and one that we are very thankful for. Please be praying for us while we cope with my commuting and being away from the family, and that God will bless this company and see it grow. Thanks everyone for your involvement in our lives over these last 5 months. It means a lot to us that you all come to this blog and keep up with us. Now that I'm done rambling you can enjoy the pictures of Lucy, James and Heidi.





1 comment:

Tori said...

Yay Mark! Janna was telling me about your choices, and it sounds like you're making an awesome one. I'm so happy for you!!! (love the pics of Lucy and James)