Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Week at Dee Dee's

A few months ago, Mark started a new job and had to go out of town for 2 weeks for training. While we were very excited about his new career opportunity, we were not thrilled about Mark being gone for 2 weeks straight. The girls and I spent a week at my mom's to help pass the time. They love being at Dee Dee's house and it was like a mini vacation for them.

Mostly we danced, played outside, and had fun exploring all of the "new" toys at Dee Dee's house.



My mom bought a bubble blower just for our visit...it was a big hit.



Lucy found some of Uncle Jake's old hockey gear



My mom has the perfect deck for playing and sunbathing :)


On a rainy day, I let Lucy play with my old American Doll. She literally played in my room for over an hour with all the doll stuff. I didn't think she was old enough for one of these dolls but maybe she's ready!



We are so thankful to my mom for being such a gracious hostess and letting us invade her life for a week! I know she was tired and worn out after we left :) We had so much fun and it was so nice to spend some one on one time with my mom.

No comments: