Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Annie is 4 months!

Annie turned 4 months old last week! I am really loving this age. Her schedule is VERY predictable now....although she has always been on a good schedule, it was more of a "routine" than a schedule, but now times are very consistent and I can plan my day around her nap times and feeding times. It's so nice! She is also much more interactive, smiling, talking, and laughing when I play with her. She had a really rough time with her reflux right after she turned 3 months, so we changed her medicine to Prilosec and it has been a dream! She has not had one single reflux/crying/pain episode since then! She gets easier and sweeter every day.


4 month picture!



You would think she's never seen a camera before...


At 4 months Annie:

- is wearing size 2 diapers, size 3-6 month clothes (although in her 4 month picture she's wearing a 6-12 month outfit); All of her 3 month stuff is too small!
- is going to bed at 8 pm, feeds again at 10:30pm, then sleeps until 7:30 or 7:45 am, although there are some mornings I have to wake her at 8!
- still has blue eyes, but they are looking more gray-blue lately
- is smiling and laughing A LOT! Lucy makes her laugh the hardest :)
- is rolling from tummy to back, and is SO close to rolling from back to tummy
- is still swaddled with one arm out when she sleeps
- is officially a thumb sucker! She wasn't sure for a while, but now she has decided to commit to the thumb :) We have taken the paci away since she prefers her thumb.
- is getting a TOOTH. That's right. A tooth. Lucy didn't get her first tooth until she was 8 months old. I have been suspecting teething in Annie for a week or two now (since she bit me a few times while nursing....) and I thought I felt something hard on her bottom gum a week ago. Well, yesterday there was a visible tooth! I can't believe it.
- is SWEET to the core. That word just describes her perfectly.
- is stretching her day time schedule to about 3.5 hours between feedings.
- still prefers mommy over anyone else :)
- loves to snuggle and be held. She is such a cuddly roly poly baby :)
- had her first solid food: avocado!


Trying some avocado! I don't plan on starting solids yet, but the other night I was making guacamole and I've been reading about how avocado is the perfect first food for babies because it's loaded with nutrients, so I set a little aside for her and thought I would give it a shot. She ate all of it! I just don't think she really needs the solids consistently yet....we'll see.


She loves her new playmat! (these things are expensive...but I found this one on ebay for $9!!)




It's very interesting to see the differences in personalities already between her and Lucy. I am loving getting to know her more and more everyday. Annie is such a sweet miracle from Heaven and we are so thankful for her!

2 comments:

Kacy said...

Oh I LOVE those cheeks. We need to have a playdate soon since they are starting to interact so much now.

marc and trisha said...

Love seeing the updates on the girls. She looks like such a cutie! I also can't believe Lucy is 3!!! She looked so precious in her Snow White costume :)