Lucy Laine entered our world. If we only knew then how much she would change and bless our lives. Happy Birthday sweet girl, we love you more than you'll ever know.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Lucy's birthday party was Sunday, even though her actual birthday isn't until this Friday. The party really was a success and we all had a blast! Lucy was in a terrible mood, which is rare, but we allowed it since it was her party :) A special thanks to Marnie and Pop Pop Campbell for letting us use your house for the party. I know ya'll worked hard and we appreciate it!
Me baking the cake the night before. Yes, I made it from scratch! (the icing too)
Walking with daddy. She's doing great, she can walk just holding onto one of our hands now. Won't be long before she takes off on her own!
Getting a blueberry from Marnie. There aren't many pics of The Campbell's because they were running their tails off the whole party making sure everything was perfect! Thank you!
Lucy really enjoyed the cards. Everyone joked that for Christmas she is just getting boxes and cards for her presents.
Thank you to everyone who came! We really enjoyed celebrating Lucy's first birthday with you!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
It has been a loooong and very hard week for us. Thank you family and friends for the prayers and words of encouragement, they are SO appreciated. It's gonna be a long post cuz I have so much to update on!
Our sweet Lucy Lu is 11 months old. She turns one this month. WHAT?! How did this even happen? I can't believe she has been in our lives for a whole year! She has changed so much even in the past month, so I thought I'd list some things she's doing at 11 months:
- she's crawling around like crazy. She's fearless, and VERY fast.
- she can say "ball", "dog" (but with a long o, its so sweet), "da-da", "daddy" and there is absolutely NO attempt at mama yet. She says dog when she sees Heidi, but doesn't say anything when she sees her mama. Fabulous.
- she signs "more" and "all done" at every meal and we're working on "please"
- she sings and dances to music!
- she can walk while holding on to our fingers or furniture
- she is completely on table food now, no baby food at all, and is also completely weaned from breastfeeding (but still getting formula...although that will be gone in about a month!)
- she is very much an imitator right now. Faces, noises, motions....she imitates everything.
Her 11 month picture!
My favorite :)
Okay so let me preface these next few pictures...I'm going to a women's Bible Study on Tuesday nights, and pretty much all of us have young babies. So last night while we were meeting, the dads took the babies out to dinner at Red Robin. How hilarious is that. Dad's night out! It cracks me up. I FORCED Mark to take the camera. He was very embarrassed, but I insisted that dad's night out deserved a blog post.
And...might as well....a garden update! The asparagus has pretty much slowed down for the season, so we are no longer eating asparagus every night for dinner! Don't worry, zucchini quickly took its place. The tomatoes are still going to be the highlight for sure.